Client: Jammu and Kashmir University
Solution delivered: Library Management Solution
The DAPHNE library management solution is installed at the Jammu and Kashmir university, which runs the Allama Iqbal library, one of the best libraries in India.
A well organized library for students and researchers in the state of J&K, it has a collection of about 5, 50, 000 books and periodicals.
- Time consuming stock taking process often requiring huge reconciliation efforts
- Book issue and return to and from patrons was a manual paper based process which took considerable time leading to long queues.
- Lack of visibility for book availability and their locations due to infrequent inventory tracking
- About 1,00000 books were tagged using HF labels
- Self Issue-Return Kiosk was installed for easy book issue and return
- Hand held reader was provided for efficient on-shelf stock taking process
- Integration of RFID infrastructure with a third party (VTLS) library application was completed
- RFID Gate Antenna was installed at entry point of library to prevent the theft of library books, CDAs and periodicals
- Flap- Barrier was installed to prevent unauthorized access to library
- Reduced time and labor for checking- in and checking-out of articles
- Significant reduction in time required for inventory and stock verification
- Stock verification can be undertaken without closing the library
- Reduced time and labor required for searching of misplaced/ lost items
- Increased circulation through self-check kiosk, allowing staff to participate in constructive, value added services
- Lesser staff required at the circulation desk, even during busy periods
- Highly reduced shrinkage losses
- Less maintenance cost due to life time guarantee of RFID tags